You deserve to feel empowered in all aspects of your life — including your physical health. At Valleywise Health, we provide women’s health services to help you lead your happiest, healthiest life. Here is how Valleywise Health can support and care for you at every stage of life.
Health Services for Women
Your health care needs are as unique as you are. Our women’s care specialists are here to help keep you healthy through every stage of life — from maternity to menopause and beyond. No matter what type of women’s care you need, we’re here to help you feel strong and happy.
At Valleywise Health, we take a “whole person” approach to treatment that starts with understanding you. By learning your family history, lifestyle and more, we provide the quality care you deserve. Our women’s health services include:
Health Screenings Women Should Get
Every woman should make time for healthy habits, like routine health screenings to detect potential health problems. Here are just a few of the exams that are essential to your overall health:
- Pap smears to look for signs of cervical cancer. You should have a Pap smear every three years if you’re between 21 and 39. Doctors recommend a Pap smear every five years if you’re 30 or older.
- Mammograms to check for breast cancer. It’s recommended you receive one every other year starting at age 40.
- Bone density tests to screen for osteoporosis once you turn 65.
- Skin checks to catch signs of skin cancer early. If you have an increased risk for skin cancer, talk to your doctor about how often you should have an in-office exam.
How Women Can Stay Healthy At Any Age
No matter what your age or overall health status is, these four health tips can help you live a healthy, happy life:
- Eat a healthy diet that includes plenty of fruits and vegetables. You should also limit food that’s high in sugar and fat to maintain a healthy weight.
- Manage health conditions like diabetes, osteoporosis and high blood pressure.
- Be active and exercise 150 to 300 minutes per week.
- Get screened regularly for various health problems. Work with your healthcare provider to determine which tests are right for you and how often you should get them.
Talk with physicians at your nearby Valleywise Community Health Center to learn more about our women’s health services or call 1 (833) VLLYWSE to schedule an appointment.